370g dark chocolate (50% of cocoa is the best. If you want the mousse to be sweeter you can add 280g milk chocolate and 90g of dark)
250ml oat milk
250ml double cream
5 large yolks
1 tsp vanilla or coffee extract
- Finely chop the chocolate.
- Pour the oat milk, vanilla, or coffee extract, and double cream into a saucepan. Mix and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, before the oat milk boils, put the yolks and sugar in the mixing bowl. Beat until you get a light and fluffy cream. Add half of the boiled milk to the cream and blend.
- Pour the oat milk and egg yolks back to the saucepan with the remaining oat milk. Cook on very low heat, stir all the time with a spoon until lightly thickened: the mixture should slightly stick to the spoon. Immediately remove from the burner, do not bring to a boil – the cream would brew. Pour the hot mixture into the dish with the bowl with chopped chocolate, leave it for 2 minutes. And then mix it until you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour into the cups and cool in the fridge for several hours.
- You can decorate it with chopped chocolate, dried cherries or fresh blueberries.
- Keep the chocolate mousse in the fridge.